- The CEO of Meta, Mark Zuckerberg, has announced that Instagram would feature NFTs.
- It was also announced by Instagram CEO Adam Mosseri that the platform was considering NFTs.
- The announcement was made at the SXSW conference on March 15, 2022, at a meeting with Shark Tank’s Daymond John.
Founder and CEO of Meta Mark Zuckerberg said during the SXSW conference in Austin, Texas, on March 15 that his company plans to implement NFTs on Instagram in the “next term.” On the other hand, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg did not go into deeper depth.
Adding non-fungible tokens (NFTs) to the photo and video sharing app was touted as “on the way” by Instagram CEO Mark Zuckerberg following the resolution of a few technical issues.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg made the comment during a meeting with Daymond John of Shark Tank:
According to Zuckerberg, he hopes the clothing your avatar wears in the Metaverse can be coined as an NFT so you can carry it around with you. He also Added :
“While I can’t predict exactly when you’ll be able to start using NFTs on Instagram just yet, I can tell you that we’re working on it and expect to have something for you in the next few months“
This interest in NFTs is in line with Instagram’s parent company Meta’s bigger ambition of establishing an online virtual world populated by digital goods.
- What’s Wrong with Solana Blockchain!? – Can Devs Do Something?
- Do kwon Loses His Cool – $39.66 Million Frozen by SK Prosecutors
- Coinbase to release Documentary on Cryptocurrencies and Coinbase on 7th October,2022
- Is Cyclub Token a Scam? Cyclub Token Detailed Analysis & Review in 2022
- Is SingularityDAO a Scam? SingularityDAO Detailed Analysis & Review in 2022